Camden has second highest call out rate for air ambulance helicopter in London
- Credit: Kentish Canteen
London’s Air Ambulance attended more than 100 life-threatening call outs in Camden alone last year, the second highest rate in the capital.
In contrast, missions in neighbouring boroughs Haringey reached 59 and in Brent and Islington, 38 and 25 respectively.
The charity which runs the air ambulance service could not explain why there were more call-outs in Camden than other boroughs, but said serious trauma always remained unpredictable throughout the year.
In 2011, Camden was the third busiest borough with 128 air ambulance visits.
The highest number of call-outs in any London borough over the last two years was in Hackney, where there were 150 in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of all missions related to road accidents, with penetrating traumas and falls making up the rest.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays