Camden Green Fair in Regent's Park on Sunday
THIS year s Camden Green Fair promises a huge range of fun and games with everything from welly-wanging and eco-generation games to ethical fashion workshops and a bikefest. The fair, to be held in Regent s Park on Sunday, offers a huge range of workshops
THIS year's Camden Green Fair promises a huge range of fun and games with everything from welly-wanging and eco-generation games to ethical fashion workshops and a bikefest.
The fair, to be held in Regent's Park on Sunday, offers a huge range of workshops aimed at going green including willow weaving, sculpture gardening and homeopathic classes.
There will also be an ethical fashion zone organised by students from the London College of Fashion who will teach knitting, crochet and quilting.
A Bikefest will provide free bicycle check-ups and lessons on how parents and children can cycle together to school.
Trustee of the fair Charlie Willsmore said: "The Camden Green Fair is a brilliant and professional production but more than ever, the community will at the heart of this year's fair.
"The Village Green in particular will be testament to the very real commitment made by nearly 100 different community organisations, NGOs and the fair volunteer team, where visitors will enjoy great fun and traditional games with a twist.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 3 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 4 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 5 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 7 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 8 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 9 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 10 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
"But there is a serious message behind everything we do at the Green Fair, and people will learn about ways to have a more positive environmental impact while having a fantastic free day out."
Camden green campaigner Alexis Rowell, who will be speaking at the event, added:
"It will be a great day and I would like many more mini-green fairs across Camden throughout the rest of the year."
The fair runs from midday until 7.30pm at Cumberland Green in Regent's Park and entry is free. For more information visit www.camdengreenfair.org.uk.