Camden funeral directors Leverton & Sons to star in BBC programme The One Show
- Credit: Archant
Three generations of a family business which has been based in Camden for more than 200 years have starred in a special television programme exploring their work.
The Leverton family will sit down tomorrow evening (Tuesday) to watch a special BBC feature about their funeral directors’ firm Leverton & Sons, based in Eversholt Street, Mornington Crescent.
It is part of a series of short reports about historic UK companies featured on The One Show, which airs on BBC One each weekday evening.
The feature exploring Leverton & Sons was filmed in November and is presented by actor Larry Lamb.
Leverton & Sons, which has branches across north London, is the Royal Family’s chosen funeral directors,
You may also want to watch:
The firm, founded in 1789, arranged the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, as well as former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher last year.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return