Camden funeral directors Leverton & Sons to star in BBC programme The One Show
- Credit: Archant
Three generations of a family business which has been based in Camden for more than 200 years have starred in a special television programme exploring their work.
The Leverton family will sit down tomorrow evening (Tuesday) to watch a special BBC feature about their funeral directors’ firm Leverton & Sons, based in Eversholt Street, Mornington Crescent.
It is part of a series of short reports about historic UK companies featured on The One Show, which airs on BBC One each weekday evening.
The feature exploring Leverton & Sons was filmed in November and is presented by actor Larry Lamb.
Leverton & Sons, which has branches across north London, is the Royal Family’s chosen funeral directors,
You may also want to watch:
The firm, founded in 1789, arranged the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, as well as former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher last year.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate