Camden funeral directors Leverton & Sons to star in BBC programme The One Show
- Credit: Archant
Three generations of a family business which has been based in Camden for more than 200 years have starred in a special television programme exploring their work.
The Leverton family will sit down tomorrow evening (Tuesday) to watch a special BBC feature about their funeral directors’ firm Leverton & Sons, based in Eversholt Street, Mornington Crescent.
It is part of a series of short reports about historic UK companies featured on The One Show, which airs on BBC One each weekday evening.
The feature exploring Leverton & Sons was filmed in November and is presented by actor Larry Lamb.
Leverton & Sons, which has branches across north London, is the Royal Family’s chosen funeral directors,
You may also want to watch:
The firm, founded in 1789, arranged the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, as well as former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher last year.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 9 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 10 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video