Camden couple quit office jobs to start cool ice lolly business Lickalix
- Credit: Archant
Tired of the day-to-day office slog, Karis Layne, 28, and Dominic Gesua, 42, quit their jobs last year to launch a Latin American-inspired ice lolly business in April.
The pair, who are now engaged and living in Mornington Crescent, make ice lollies in a variety of fruity flavours, and a range of poptails (ice lolly cocktails) including Pina Colada and Strawberry Mojito.
The lollies are available in cafés, delis, and bars across London, including Hyde Park, London Fields Lido and Sweet Things in Primrose Hill.
The small LICKALIX team have taken their lolly-mobiles to a host of events this summer, including the Tour de France, and last weekend’s Hampstead Summer Festival.
Karis said: “Hampstead went really well for us. There was such as lovely atmosphere and vibe.
You may also want to watch:
“We had really good weather, and everybody loved our lollies.”
- 1 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 2 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 7 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots