Camden couple quit office jobs to start cool ice lolly business Lickalix
- Credit: Archant
Tired of the day-to-day office slog, Karis Layne, 28, and Dominic Gesua, 42, quit their jobs last year to launch a Latin American-inspired ice lolly business in April.
The pair, who are now engaged and living in Mornington Crescent, make ice lollies in a variety of fruity flavours, and a range of poptails (ice lolly cocktails) including Pina Colada and Strawberry Mojito.
The lollies are available in cafés, delis, and bars across London, including Hyde Park, London Fields Lido and Sweet Things in Primrose Hill.
The small LICKALIX team have taken their lolly-mobiles to a host of events this summer, including the Tour de France, and last weekend’s Hampstead Summer Festival.
Karis said: “Hampstead went really well for us. There was such as lovely atmosphere and vibe.
You may also want to watch:
“We had really good weather, and everybody loved our lollies.”
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 4 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 5 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 6 Five things we learned in Arsenal's first win at Chelsea in 10 years
- 7 Primrose Hill's night-time closure has split north London residents
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 10 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme