Camden couple quit office jobs to start cool ice lolly business Lickalix
- Credit: Archant
Tired of the day-to-day office slog, Karis Layne, 28, and Dominic Gesua, 42, quit their jobs last year to launch a Latin American-inspired ice lolly business in April.
The pair, who are now engaged and living in Mornington Crescent, make ice lollies in a variety of fruity flavours, and a range of poptails (ice lolly cocktails) including Pina Colada and Strawberry Mojito.
The lollies are available in cafés, delis, and bars across London, including Hyde Park, London Fields Lido and Sweet Things in Primrose Hill.
The small LICKALIX team have taken their lolly-mobiles to a host of events this summer, including the Tour de France, and last weekend’s Hampstead Summer Festival.
Karis said: “Hampstead went really well for us. There was such as lovely atmosphere and vibe.
You may also want to watch:
“We had really good weather, and everybody loved our lollies.”
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council