Camden councillor dies of suspected heart attack
A CAMDEN councillor has sadly died of a suspected heart attack. Liberal Democrat councillor Syed Hoque died on Friday after collapsing at home and leaves behind his wife and children. Cllr Hoque was a councillor for Haverstock and was in the process of se
A CAMDEN councillor has sadly died of a suspected heart attack.
Liberal Democrat councillor Syed Hoque died on Friday after collapsing at home and leaves behind his wife and children.
Cllr Hoque was a councillor for Haverstock and was in the process of seeking re-election in the upcoming May 6 council elections.
Colleagues have paid tribute to him. Leader of the Lib Dems Cllr Keith Moffitt said: "He was a very kind and hardworking man who we are going to miss very much."
You may also want to watch:
Conservative leader Cllr Andrew Marshall said: "I was shocked to hear of Syed's sudden death, and the Camden Conservative group all send our deepest condolences to his family and friends."
Labour leader Nash Ali added: "It was a real shock when I heard. He was a great person who always worked very hard to improve the lives of other people. My condolences go to his family."
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
Cllr Hoque joined the Lib Dems from the Labour party last year in protest at the government's foreign policy.
The election for the Haverstock ward has had to be cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.