Camden councillor dies of suspected heart attack
A CAMDEN councillor has sadly died of a suspected heart attack. Liberal Democrat councillor Syed Hoque died on Friday after collapsing at home and leaves behind his wife and children. Cllr Hoque was a councillor for Haverstock and was in the process of se
A CAMDEN councillor has sadly died of a suspected heart attack.
Liberal Democrat councillor Syed Hoque died on Friday after collapsing at home and leaves behind his wife and children.
Cllr Hoque was a councillor for Haverstock and was in the process of seeking re-election in the upcoming May 6 council elections.
Colleagues have paid tribute to him. Leader of the Lib Dems Cllr Keith Moffitt said: "He was a very kind and hardworking man who we are going to miss very much."
You may also want to watch:
Conservative leader Cllr Andrew Marshall said: "I was shocked to hear of Syed's sudden death, and the Camden Conservative group all send our deepest condolences to his family and friends."
Labour leader Nash Ali added: "It was a real shock when I heard. He was a great person who always worked very hard to improve the lives of other people. My condolences go to his family."
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Cllr Hoque joined the Lib Dems from the Labour party last year in protest at the government's foreign policy.
The election for the Haverstock ward has had to be cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.