Camden councillor dies of suspected heart attack
A CAMDEN councillor has sadly died of a suspected heart attack. Liberal Democrat councillor Syed Hoque died on Friday after collapsing at home and leaves behind his wife and children. Cllr Hoque was a councillor for Haverstock and was in the process of se
A CAMDEN councillor has sadly died of a suspected heart attack.
Liberal Democrat councillor Syed Hoque died on Friday after collapsing at home and leaves behind his wife and children.
Cllr Hoque was a councillor for Haverstock and was in the process of seeking re-election in the upcoming May 6 council elections.
Colleagues have paid tribute to him. Leader of the Lib Dems Cllr Keith Moffitt said: "He was a very kind and hardworking man who we are going to miss very much."
You may also want to watch:
Conservative leader Cllr Andrew Marshall said: "I was shocked to hear of Syed's sudden death, and the Camden Conservative group all send our deepest condolences to his family and friends."
Labour leader Nash Ali added: "It was a real shock when I heard. He was a great person who always worked very hard to improve the lives of other people. My condolences go to his family."
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
Cllr Hoque joined the Lib Dems from the Labour party last year in protest at the government's foreign policy.
The election for the Haverstock ward has had to be cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.