Fire at Camden Road chippy as deep fat fryer is set alight
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze today at a Camden chip shop where a deep fat fryer was set alight.
At around 1pm on Monday, Camden Chippy’s in Camden Road saw a fire damage half of the ground floor.
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters tackled the blaze which was under control approximately 20 minutes later.
One man was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to hospital. The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
Camden Chippy’s owner Okan Dogan praised the response and help of the local community.
You may also want to watch:
He told the Ham&High: “I’m just relieved that it is nothing more serious and that there were no life-threatening injuries.”
A firefighter at the scene said: “They were lucky as it could have been a lot worse if the fire spread into the flats above.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We dispatched a number of resources including an ambulance crew and our hazardous area response teams (HART).
“We treated a person at the scene and took them to hospital.”
Five people left the chippy before fire crews from Wembley, Euston, Holloway and Paddington attended. LFB’s 999 officers took nine calls to the blaze.
Camden Road was shut in both directions outside Camden Chippy’s but the road is now back open.