Calls for new bus route to link Maida Vale and St John’s Wood
The main road linking St John’s Wood with Maida Vale may only stretch for one kilometre but with no public transport travelling from one end to the other, residents are forced to make the journey on foot.
With both the 46 and 187 bus routes travelling north of Lord’s Cricket Ground along Hall Road, resident Carol Gould is campaigning for one of them to divert along St John’s Wood Road instead.
Ms Gould, 58, of Northwick Close, said: “It would be wonderful, particularly for older and disabled people, to get from the Edgware Road end of St John’s Wood Road to the Lord’s end.
“Now that the Taxicards have been taken away from so many people there is all the more reason to do it.”
Ms Gould brought up her suggestion at a recent St John’s Wood forum meeting where a Transport for London representative said he would look into the idea.
You may also want to watch:
A TfL spokesman confirmed it has “no current plans to change either route” but it would “keep the suggestion in mind” in any future review.
- 1 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 2 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient