Calls for new bus route to link Maida Vale and St John’s Wood
The main road linking St John’s Wood with Maida Vale may only stretch for one kilometre but with no public transport travelling from one end to the other, residents are forced to make the journey on foot.
With both the 46 and 187 bus routes travelling north of Lord’s Cricket Ground along Hall Road, resident Carol Gould is campaigning for one of them to divert along St John’s Wood Road instead.
Ms Gould, 58, of Northwick Close, said: “It would be wonderful, particularly for older and disabled people, to get from the Edgware Road end of St John’s Wood Road to the Lord’s end.
“Now that the Taxicards have been taken away from so many people there is all the more reason to do it.”
Ms Gould brought up her suggestion at a recent St John’s Wood forum meeting where a Transport for London representative said he would look into the idea.
You may also want to watch:
A TfL spokesman confirmed it has “no current plans to change either route” but it would “keep the suggestion in mind” in any future review.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes