Calls for new bus route to link Maida Vale and St John’s Wood
The main road linking St John’s Wood with Maida Vale may only stretch for one kilometre but with no public transport travelling from one end to the other, residents are forced to make the journey on foot.
With both the 46 and 187 bus routes travelling north of Lord’s Cricket Ground along Hall Road, resident Carol Gould is campaigning for one of them to divert along St John’s Wood Road instead.
Ms Gould, 58, of Northwick Close, said: “It would be wonderful, particularly for older and disabled people, to get from the Edgware Road end of St John’s Wood Road to the Lord’s end.
“Now that the Taxicards have been taken away from so many people there is all the more reason to do it.”
Ms Gould brought up her suggestion at a recent St John’s Wood forum meeting where a Transport for London representative said he would look into the idea.
You may also want to watch:
A TfL spokesman confirmed it has “no current plans to change either route” but it would “keep the suggestion in mind” in any future review.
- 1 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council