Calls for new bus route to link Maida Vale and St John’s Wood
The main road linking St John’s Wood with Maida Vale may only stretch for one kilometre but with no public transport travelling from one end to the other, residents are forced to make the journey on foot.
With both the 46 and 187 bus routes travelling north of Lord’s Cricket Ground along Hall Road, resident Carol Gould is campaigning for one of them to divert along St John’s Wood Road instead.
Ms Gould, 58, of Northwick Close, said: “It would be wonderful, particularly for older and disabled people, to get from the Edgware Road end of St John’s Wood Road to the Lord’s end.
“Now that the Taxicards have been taken away from so many people there is all the more reason to do it.”
Ms Gould brought up her suggestion at a recent St John’s Wood forum meeting where a Transport for London representative said he would look into the idea.
You may also want to watch:
A TfL spokesman confirmed it has “no current plans to change either route” but it would “keep the suggestion in mind” in any future review.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'