Callous thieves steal takings from cancer care shop
BURGLARS stole a substantial amount of cash from a Crouch End charity shop. Thieves broke into Marie Curie Cancer Care in Topsfield Parade on Wednesday last week. Sgt John McGrath, from the Crouch End Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: I am the sort of pe
BURGLARS stole a "substantial" amount of cash from a Crouch End charity shop.
Thieves broke into Marie Curie Cancer Care in Topsfield Parade on Wednesday last week.
Sgt John McGrath, from the Crouch End Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "I am the sort of person who looks for the good in people but some incidents make me despair. The theft involved a substantial amount of cash. Stealing from anyone is obviously wrong but this is really stooping low.
"Maybe an extra effort to pass any items in good condition to the shop would be timely in order to assist them to recoup some of their cash."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Sgt McGrath on 020-8649 3515.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds