Call for women in Hampstead and Highgate to join social club for widows
A widow is calling for more women from Hampstead and Highgate to join her social club for those who have lost their partners.
Chulurat Huszar, 64, of Southwood Lane, Highgate, set up a group for widows in north London two weeks ago to help ease women’s loneliness.
The club, a branch of the national Jolly Dollies social network for widows, is based in Highgate and Muswell Hill and has four members.
Women who sign up will go out for lunch or for a day trip with Ms Huszar and other widows at least once a month to talk about coping with grief, loneliness and a life without their partner.
Ms Huszar, who lost her husband seven years ago, said: “It was hard but luckily I have lots of friends as my family are back in Bangkok and my son is in South Africa. But friends are fantastic. That’s why I very much want to support this group.
You may also want to watch:
“Friends helped me to get up and when I want to cry, I cry with my friends. The thing is, it’s difficult to explain to other people, you have to have that experience.”
n Email firstname.lastname@example.org to become a member of Jolly Dollies, join Ms Huszar’s group or start a new one.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko