Call for volunteers to clean up West Heath
THE long hot nights, especially at weekends, turn West Heath into an environmental disaster area. Though quite legally used by cruisers, large amounts of discarded condoms and other litter are carelessly left strewn all over the place. It s enough to need
THE long hot nights, especially at weekends, turn West Heath into an environmental disaster area. Though quite legally used by cruisers, large amounts of discarded condoms and other litter are carelessly left strewn all over the place. It's enough to need two men working full-time to clean it all up.
With close contact between the Camden LGBT Form (a Camden-funded body, incidentally) and the City of London Constabulary, West Heath is now a safe environment for cruisers - even condoms are handed out to them by the Terrence Higgins Trust. But it is now surely time for these groups to see that the area becomes a clean environment as well - one where local residents and their families can stroll on a Sunday afternoon without having the previous night's litter strewn in their paths.
Both groups could easily organise about half a dozen or so volunteers to clean up the area two or three mornings a week. That is all it would take.
You may also want to watch:
Belsize Grove, NW3
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband