Victim search following woman’s racist attack in Camden post office
- Credit: Archant
A woman’s racist attack on a man in front of shocked post office customers has sparked police calls for further victims of the attacker to come forward.
The 53-year-old victim, who did not want to be named, was targeted by the female customer caught on camera screaming in a rant riddled with expletives: “Go back to your own country, you’re not wanted here”.
The woman then stormed out of the Camden High Street Post Office branch.
Officers confirmed they are investigating the footage of the January 24 attack shared via social media.
A witness, who asked not to be named, said: “You don’t expect this kind of behaviour. Nobody wants to face that.”
A Met spokesman said: “The victim does not want to pursue any allegations. Enquiries are in hand to trace other possible victims.”
A Post Office spokeswoman said: “We are very concerned by this incident. We have offered the branch our full support.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
Any further victims of the attacker should contact police on 101. To report hate crime contact Tell MAMA, the Community Safety Trust, Inclusion London or the Mayor of London’s office for policing and crime app.