Victim search following woman’s racist attack in Camden post office
- Credit: Archant
A woman’s racist attack on a man in front of shocked post office customers has sparked police calls for further victims of the attacker to come forward.
The 53-year-old victim, who did not want to be named, was targeted by the female customer caught on camera screaming in a rant riddled with expletives: “Go back to your own country, you’re not wanted here”.
The woman then stormed out of the Camden High Street Post Office branch.
Officers confirmed they are investigating the footage of the January 24 attack shared via social media.
A witness, who asked not to be named, said: “You don’t expect this kind of behaviour. Nobody wants to face that.”
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: “The victim does not want to pursue any allegations. Enquiries are in hand to trace other possible victims.”
A Post Office spokeswoman said: “We are very concerned by this incident. We have offered the branch our full support.”
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
Any further victims of the attacker should contact police on 101. To report hate crime contact Tell MAMA, the Community Safety Trust, Inclusion London or the Mayor of London’s office for policing and crime app.