Call for donations to raise funds for Highgate’s Christmas lights and festival
The team behind Highgate’s Christmas lights are calling for donations and sponsors to raise much-needed funds for their festive switch-on event.
Lead organisers Jane Wiles and Charlotte Bourne are still looking for local businesses to sponsor reindeers and a stage in Pond Square for the Christmas festival on Saturday, November 16.
TV presenter Alex Zane has been confirmed as the event’s host but a mystery celebrity guest will be switching on the lights in Highgate High Street.
Haringey Council has confirmed it will give £4,000 to the cause, half as much as last year.
But Ms Wiles, of children’s boutique Notsobig in Highgate High Street, and Ms Bourne, of estate agents Taylor Gibbs in Highgate High Street, are still short of £6,000 to install the lights.
You may also want to watch:
They also hope to buy lights for a tree in Highgate School’s chapel in Southwood Lane.
Ms Wiles, 50, of Hornsey Lane, said: “We already have Goldschmidt and Howland, Highgate Hospital, Streathers Solicitors, Litchfields, and Prickett & Ellis Underhill as main sponsors for the event but we are hoping to attract more companies who will want to sponsor us.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate