Call for Christmas helpers to volunteer at Hampstead’s festive fair
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A charity is recruiting an army of Christmas helpers for Hampstead’s festive knees-up.
Christmas is coming early this year with the Hampstead Christmas Fair due to take place on Sunday, November 24.
The Rotary Club of Hampstead, made up of businesses and professionals who want to help the community, is co-ordinating the volunteers.
The club has launched an appeal for helpers who are happy to give their time and energy for the benefit of the community.
It is also looking for recruits to join its “bank” of volunteers on a more permanent basis.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Lewis, treasurer of the rotary club, said: “We are building a growing bank of volunteers to help us extend our reach within the local community.
“Our volunteer programme literally helps us to help others.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
Mr Lewis added that the organisation has provided scores of volunteers and raised thousands of pounds for community events this year, including the Hampstead Summer Festival.
n The club needs 72 people to give up two hours each at the Christmas event. Call Ben on 020 7874 7575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.