Call for Christmas helpers to volunteer at Hampstead’s festive fair
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A charity is recruiting an army of Christmas helpers for Hampstead’s festive knees-up.
Christmas is coming early this year with the Hampstead Christmas Fair due to take place on Sunday, November 24.
The Rotary Club of Hampstead, made up of businesses and professionals who want to help the community, is co-ordinating the volunteers.
The club has launched an appeal for helpers who are happy to give their time and energy for the benefit of the community.
It is also looking for recruits to join its “bank” of volunteers on a more permanent basis.
Ben Lewis, treasurer of the rotary club, said: “We are building a growing bank of volunteers to help us extend our reach within the local community.
“Our volunteer programme literally helps us to help others.”
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
Mr Lewis added that the organisation has provided scores of volunteers and raised thousands of pounds for community events this year, including the Hampstead Summer Festival.
n The club needs 72 people to give up two hours each at the Christmas event. Call Ben on 020 7874 7575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.