Call for Christmas helpers to volunteer at Hampstead’s festive fair
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A charity is recruiting an army of Christmas helpers for Hampstead’s festive knees-up.
Christmas is coming early this year with the Hampstead Christmas Fair due to take place on Sunday, November 24.
The Rotary Club of Hampstead, made up of businesses and professionals who want to help the community, is co-ordinating the volunteers.
The club has launched an appeal for helpers who are happy to give their time and energy for the benefit of the community.
It is also looking for recruits to join its “bank” of volunteers on a more permanent basis.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Lewis, treasurer of the rotary club, said: “We are building a growing bank of volunteers to help us extend our reach within the local community.
“Our volunteer programme literally helps us to help others.”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
Mr Lewis added that the organisation has provided scores of volunteers and raised thousands of pounds for community events this year, including the Hampstead Summer Festival.
n The club needs 72 people to give up two hours each at the Christmas event. Call Ben on 020 7874 7575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.