Plans to reopen Highgate Newtown pub
- Credit: Nathalie Raffray
An application has been submitted for a premises licence for a pub in Highgate Newtown.
Ei Group, formerly known as Enterprise Inns Plc, has applied for a licence for The Star pub in Chester Road.
The licence would allow the sale of alcohol from Sunday to Thursday, from 10am to 11pm, and from 10am to 12.30am on Friday and Saturday. There is also an application to show films, and host live and recorded music.
The applications replicate existing trading licences for the building.
A spokesperson for Stonegate Pub Partners said: “We are working with our business partner at The Star and plan to reopen the pub very soon.
"The pub has received a small investment behind the scenes as we look forward to welcoming customers back.”
The pub, which closed two years ago, has an outdoor patio area allows for al fresco dining during the warmer months.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
Andrew Whitehead, who lives locally, said: "I'm really pleased it's coming back to life. It's a good pub."
Representations on the licensing application will be taken until April 26.