Santander confirms 20 London branches will close
- Credit: Casey Gutteridge
Santander is set to close its branches in Wembley and South Harrow, as well as others in London - according to reports.
It has been widely reported this morning (Friday, July 2) that the bank will close 75 high street outlets, having previously confirmed 111 would shut before the end of summer.
Santander has said 452 will remain open. Those closing will be within three miles of another branch.
London Santander branch closures include:
Bethnal Green, Bethnal Green Road,
Chelsea, Chelsea Kings Road,
Chingford, Chingford Old Church Road,
Harold Hill, Farnham Road
Hounslow, Bath Road,
London Bridge, Southwark Street,
Mill Hill, Broadway,
Norbury, London Road,
Putney, High Street,
South Harrow, Northolt Road,
Southgate, Chase Side,
Surbiton, Victoria Road,
Twickenham, King Street,
Upper Edmonton, Fore Street
Wembley, Preston Road
You may also want to watch:
A statement from Adam Bishop at Santander read: “Branch usage by customers has fallen considerably over recent years so we have made the difficult decision to consolidate our presence in areas where we have multiple branches relatively close together.”
Customers with concerns are advised to call a helpline: 0800 085 0879.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council