Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- Credit: PA
Pure Gym is launching a site in Crouch End – but it has not yet set an opening date due to delays with taking over the premises.
The new gym will be based at 163 Tottenham Lane, between the Arthouse and Picturehouse cinemas, as part of a mixed residential and commercial development.
The national chain, which has branches in north London including in Muswell Hill and Finsbury Park, will hold more than 220 pieces of equipment and more than 50 weekly classes at its Crouch End gym.
The company has amassed more than one million members since starting up in 2008 by allowing customers to join without a fixed term contract.
In 2018 development plans put forward by Jenga PLC for the Tottenham Lane site were approved by Haringey Council.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 26 one, two and three-bedroom apartments together with 1,172sqm of commercial floor space were signed off by the town hall.
An application by the gym to display signage was granted permission by the local authority on September 22.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher