New Finsbury Park Picturehouse opening imminent
- Credit: Picturehouse
Finsbury Park Picturehouse is set to open "within weeks".
The new seven-screen cinema is in the £220m City North tower block development by the new entrance to Finsbury Park station in Goodwin Street and Wells Terrace.
The chain, which plays arthouse and blockbuster films, had been set to open the new branch last autumn, but it was delayed because of the pandemic, subsequent lockdowns and uncertainty in the film distribution chain.
A spokesperson said: "In terms of construction, the site is currently very close to being finished, and though our opening date is still to be confirmed, it is certainly a matter of weeks rather than of months.
"Finsbury Park Picturehouse will be the perfect place to watch any film.
You may also want to watch:
"The site has a brand new set of top of the line laser projectors and the auditoriums have an excellent rake with wide reclining plush seating, so we expect the technical sides of things to be spot on and for every seat in each auditorium to have a commanding view of the well proportioned wide screens."
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement