Deliveroo 'dark kitchen' application in Swiss Cottage set to be heard
- Credit: Archant
An application for a permanent so-called "dark kitchen" in Swiss Cottage is due to go before planning committee early next month.
The Deliveroo Editions operation, at 115-119 Finchley Road, has applied for permanent commercial kitchens and delivery centre with extract ducts, flues, air conditioners and vents.
The application includes e-bike and cycle parking, an e-bike charging point, bin store and parking space.
It is due to go to committee on April 7.
The company was operating without permission for two years until Camden Council enforcement action saw its case considered by a planning inspector in 2019.
In September that year the inspector, Diane Lewis, awarded temporary planning permission for 14 months.
It was then awarded a further nine-month period of temporary permission by Camden Council.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 5 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 6 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 8 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
- 9 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 10 Crouch End mum wins Jamie Oliver's cooking show on Channel 4
The vote to award temporary permission passed with eight votes in favour and five against.