Business of the week: Vale Antiques
- Credit: Archant
The elegant frontage of Vale Antiques on Elgin Avenue is a reassuring sight to many, even featuring in several films.
The eclectic antique and curiosity shop has been operating for 39 years, and in that time owner Peter Gooley has witnessed London transform.
Peter, who was born in Canada, has loved antiques for most of his life. “Back when I was fifteen, I had a passion for this business”.
“In 39 years the shop’s grown and changed. Back then, all of these London areas were just villages, really. Now we have no competition any more, but we still do well.”
Vale Antiques customers explained why. One told the Ham&High: “No-one else knows as much about what they’re selling. It’s really superlative here.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter added: “Everyone’s tastes are different. People seem to come back, and we do get some well-known custom.
“Not to mention the film crew who were here last week...”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph