Business of the week: Vale Antiques
- Credit: Archant
The elegant frontage of Vale Antiques on Elgin Avenue is a reassuring sight to many, even featuring in several films.
The eclectic antique and curiosity shop has been operating for 39 years, and in that time owner Peter Gooley has witnessed London transform.
Peter, who was born in Canada, has loved antiques for most of his life. “Back when I was fifteen, I had a passion for this business”.
“In 39 years the shop’s grown and changed. Back then, all of these London areas were just villages, really. Now we have no competition any more, but we still do well.”
Vale Antiques customers explained why. One told the Ham&High: “No-one else knows as much about what they’re selling. It’s really superlative here.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter added: “Everyone’s tastes are different. People seem to come back, and we do get some well-known custom.
“Not to mention the film crew who were here last week...”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill