Business of the week: The Red Lion and Sun, Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Highgate’s The Red Lion and Sun has been named pub of the year at the annual Great British Pub awards.
The North Road watering hole scooped the top prize at the awards, which are known as the “pub industry Oscars”.
The awards, held by industry publication the Morning Advertiser, also saw the Red Lion and Sun named the country’s best wine pub.
Judges commended the pub for its “great wine list and whisky galore, not to mention its exceptional food”.
Heath Ball, landlord at the Red Lion and Sun, said: “When I bought the pub 10 years ago, I had a vision of creating a proper pub.
You may also want to watch:
“It helps that I’m a big fan of wine and spend a lot of my spare time researching, drinking wine and visiting vineyards.
“But getting recognition like this really endorses what we do and the love we show for our wine.”
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 9 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals