Business of the week: The Red Lion and Sun, Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Highgate’s The Red Lion and Sun has been named pub of the year at the annual Great British Pub awards.
The North Road watering hole scooped the top prize at the awards, which are known as the “pub industry Oscars”.
The awards, held by industry publication the Morning Advertiser, also saw the Red Lion and Sun named the country’s best wine pub.
Judges commended the pub for its “great wine list and whisky galore, not to mention its exceptional food”.
Heath Ball, landlord at the Red Lion and Sun, said: “When I bought the pub 10 years ago, I had a vision of creating a proper pub.
You may also want to watch:
“It helps that I’m a big fan of wine and spend a lot of my spare time researching, drinking wine and visiting vineyards.
“But getting recognition like this really endorses what we do and the love we show for our wine.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing