Business of the week: The Red Lion and Sun, Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Highgate’s The Red Lion and Sun has been named pub of the year at the annual Great British Pub awards.
The North Road watering hole scooped the top prize at the awards, which are known as the “pub industry Oscars”.
The awards, held by industry publication the Morning Advertiser, also saw the Red Lion and Sun named the country’s best wine pub.
Judges commended the pub for its “great wine list and whisky galore, not to mention its exceptional food”.
Heath Ball, landlord at the Red Lion and Sun, said: “When I bought the pub 10 years ago, I had a vision of creating a proper pub.
You may also want to watch:
“It helps that I’m a big fan of wine and spend a lot of my spare time researching, drinking wine and visiting vineyards.
“But getting recognition like this really endorses what we do and the love we show for our wine.”
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey