Business of the week: The Red Lion and Sun, Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Highgate’s The Red Lion and Sun has been named pub of the year at the annual Great British Pub awards.
The North Road watering hole scooped the top prize at the awards, which are known as the “pub industry Oscars”.
The awards, held by industry publication the Morning Advertiser, also saw the Red Lion and Sun named the country’s best wine pub.
Judges commended the pub for its “great wine list and whisky galore, not to mention its exceptional food”.
Heath Ball, landlord at the Red Lion and Sun, said: “When I bought the pub 10 years ago, I had a vision of creating a proper pub.
You may also want to watch:
“It helps that I’m a big fan of wine and spend a lot of my spare time researching, drinking wine and visiting vineyards.
“But getting recognition like this really endorses what we do and the love we show for our wine.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO