Business of the week: Mill Lane Garden Centre
- Credit: Archant
The Mill Lane Garden Centre in West Hampstead has been helping locals get the best for their gardens, while also helping adults with learning disabilities into work, for 27 years.
Michael Inman has been managing the centre in Mill Lane for five of those.
Ahead of a spring push – the centre will be running promotions around Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Easter – he explained why he’s so proud of what they do.
Michael told the Ham&High: “We try to give people the chance to learn skills through horticulture but also around social enterprise so they can go on to employment.
“And we’ve been able to make brilliant links with the community: we work with the Friends of Fortune Green, for example.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre is run by the Camden Society, which reinvests all of the profits into increasing opportunities for adults with learning disabilities and autism.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 5 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day