Business of the Week: Judy Green’s Garden Store, Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Judy Green’s Garden Store is a hidden gem tucked away in Flask Walk, Hampstead.
The store has been open for 24 years after owner Judy Green chanced upon the perfect space for her business.
"This shop was literally available on the day I came into Hampstead to look for somewhere," she told the Ham&High. "I saw it and I thought: 'That's fantastic - maybe it could be the one.'"
The key to the garden store's long life is moving with the times - and the seasons.
Judy said: "Anything to do with plants is always very seasonal, so just as you go to sleep on one thing something else will come in.
You may also want to watch:
"I will get something in that lights up the day, which makes our little shop look lovely and gives our customers ideas - that is what they like."
The store also offers a small gardens evaluations service, which Judy says is very popular and keeps customers coming back again and again.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars