Business of the Week: Judy Green’s Garden Store, Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Judy Green’s Garden Store is a hidden gem tucked away in Flask Walk, Hampstead.
The store has been open for 24 years after owner Judy Green chanced upon the perfect space for her business.
"This shop was literally available on the day I came into Hampstead to look for somewhere," she told the Ham&High. "I saw it and I thought: 'That's fantastic - maybe it could be the one.'"
The key to the garden store's long life is moving with the times - and the seasons.
Judy said: "Anything to do with plants is always very seasonal, so just as you go to sleep on one thing something else will come in.
You may also want to watch:
"I will get something in that lights up the day, which makes our little shop look lovely and gives our customers ideas - that is what they like."
The store also offers a small gardens evaluations service, which Judy says is very popular and keeps customers coming back again and again.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses