Business of the Week: A View opticians
- Credit: David Winskill
One of the familiar sights on Crouch End’s high street is the A View opticians, which has been in the area more than two decades.
Rohini Jansari, who has run the shop on Crouch End Hill for 23 years, says she enjoys the “village feel” of the area, which was why she opened her shop here.
“When I originally came here, there wasn’t the chain stores that are here now. I also liked the artistic community you get here.”
The shop, which does eye tests and sells handmade frames, also has visiting optometrists from Moorfields Eye Hospital, meaning residents have less far to travel for some checks.
While the internet provides a test for the business, generations of customers keep coming back.
You may also want to watch:
“It happens every day,” she told us. “It makes me feel very old. Especially when parents bring in their children, and I remember testing their eyes when they were eight or nine years old.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town