Business of the Week: A View opticians
- Credit: David Winskill
One of the familiar sights on Crouch End’s high street is the A View opticians, which has been in the area more than two decades.
Rohini Jansari, who has run the shop on Crouch End Hill for 23 years, says she enjoys the “village feel” of the area, which was why she opened her shop here.
“When I originally came here, there wasn’t the chain stores that are here now. I also liked the artistic community you get here.”
The shop, which does eye tests and sells handmade frames, also has visiting optometrists from Moorfields Eye Hospital, meaning residents have less far to travel for some checks.
While the internet provides a test for the business, generations of customers keep coming back.
“It happens every day,” she told us. “It makes me feel very old. Especially when parents bring in their children, and I remember testing their eyes when they were eight or nine years old.”
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 3 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 4 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 5 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 6 Masked-up Boris Johnson poses for selfies at Wood Green care centre
- 7 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 8 Two people flee in Finchley flat fire caused by faulty radiator
- 9 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 10 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice