Business of the Week: A View opticians
- Credit: David Winskill
One of the familiar sights on Crouch End’s high street is the A View opticians, which has been in the area more than two decades.
Rohini Jansari, who has run the shop on Crouch End Hill for 23 years, says she enjoys the “village feel” of the area, which was why she opened her shop here.
“When I originally came here, there wasn’t the chain stores that are here now. I also liked the artistic community you get here.”
The shop, which does eye tests and sells handmade frames, also has visiting optometrists from Moorfields Eye Hospital, meaning residents have less far to travel for some checks.
While the internet provides a test for the business, generations of customers keep coming back.
You may also want to watch:
“It happens every day,” she told us. “It makes me feel very old. Especially when parents bring in their children, and I remember testing their eyes when they were eight or nine years old.”
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United