Business of the Week: The Children’s Bookshop
- Credit: Sophie Cheng
The Children’s Bookshop in Muswell Hill has been part of the community since the 1970s.
Two and a half years ago, Sanchita Basu de Sarkar, who had worked there since 2012, bought the shop and has helped to continue its success – the business even helped judge the Costa Children’s Book Award this year.
Sanchita has been named a rising star of the book trade by publishing magazine the Bookseller.
She said: “We’re very much part of the community.
“We go around schools in Haringey – we take authors around, even, and we, I hope, are able to promote books and literacy.”
You may also want to watch:
Of the recent recognition, Sanchita said: “It’s nice, it shows how much we’ve been doing this year.
“We helped with the Costa Prize and have had such good authors here.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 7 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 8 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
She added: “It’s really great news for the staff – some of them have been here since before I was born.”