Business of the Week: The Children’s Bookshop
- Credit: Sophie Cheng
The Children’s Bookshop in Muswell Hill has been part of the community since the 1970s.
Two and a half years ago, Sanchita Basu de Sarkar, who had worked there since 2012, bought the shop and has helped to continue its success – the business even helped judge the Costa Children’s Book Award this year.
Sanchita has been named a rising star of the book trade by publishing magazine the Bookseller.
She said: “We’re very much part of the community.
“We go around schools in Haringey – we take authors around, even, and we, I hope, are able to promote books and literacy.”
You may also want to watch:
Of the recent recognition, Sanchita said: “It’s nice, it shows how much we’ve been doing this year.
“We helped with the Costa Prize and have had such good authors here.”
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
She added: “It’s really great news for the staff – some of them have been here since before I was born.”