Burst water main causes chaos for Muswell Hill traders
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours. The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water. A s
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours.
The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water.
A spokesman from Thames Water said: "Due to a large burst water main, properties in Muswell Hill, postcode areas N2, N6 and N10 may be experiencing a loss of supply or reduced pressure.
"Our engineers are currently undertaking emergency repairs.
You may also want to watch:
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to restore normal service as quickly as possible."
Alicja Korbinska, manager at Ask in Muswell Hill Broadway, said: "We are unable to open because of health and safety issues.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
"The dishwasher, taps and toilets are not working. We'll probable lose around £300 because we cannot open for lunch.
"I'm very annoyed because it will affect sales.