Burst water main causes chaos for Muswell Hill traders
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours. The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water. A s
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours.
The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water.
A spokesman from Thames Water said: "Due to a large burst water main, properties in Muswell Hill, postcode areas N2, N6 and N10 may be experiencing a loss of supply or reduced pressure.
"Our engineers are currently undertaking emergency repairs.
You may also want to watch:
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to restore normal service as quickly as possible."
Alicja Korbinska, manager at Ask in Muswell Hill Broadway, said: "We are unable to open because of health and safety issues.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
"The dishwasher, taps and toilets are not working. We'll probable lose around £300 because we cannot open for lunch.
"I'm very annoyed because it will affect sales.