Burst water main causes chaos for Muswell Hill traders
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours. The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water. A s
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours.
The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water.
A spokesman from Thames Water said: "Due to a large burst water main, properties in Muswell Hill, postcode areas N2, N6 and N10 may be experiencing a loss of supply or reduced pressure.
"Our engineers are currently undertaking emergency repairs.
You may also want to watch:
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to restore normal service as quickly as possible."
Alicja Korbinska, manager at Ask in Muswell Hill Broadway, said: "We are unable to open because of health and safety issues.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
"The dishwasher, taps and toilets are not working. We'll probable lose around £300 because we cannot open for lunch.
"I'm very annoyed because it will affect sales.