Burst water main causes chaos for Muswell Hill traders
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours. The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water. A s
A BURST water main has caused chaos in Muswell Hill, causing shops and cafés to remain closed during their busiest hours.
The incident occurred in the early hours this morning (Monday) and has left premises across Muswell Hill with little or no water.
A spokesman from Thames Water said: "Due to a large burst water main, properties in Muswell Hill, postcode areas N2, N6 and N10 may be experiencing a loss of supply or reduced pressure.
"Our engineers are currently undertaking emergency repairs.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to restore normal service as quickly as possible."
Alicja Korbinska, manager at Ask in Muswell Hill Broadway, said: "We are unable to open because of health and safety issues.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 3 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 4 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 7 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 8 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
"The dishwasher, taps and toilets are not working. We'll probable lose around £300 because we cannot open for lunch.
"I'm very annoyed because it will affect sales.