Burst pipe in West Hampstead leaves nearly 300 homes without water
- Credit: Archant
A burst water pipe in West Hampstead left 284 properties without water today.
Reports that the burst four-inch pipe in Greencroft Gardens had cut off water supplies to homes in the West End Lane area came in at about 8am this morning.
Thames Water sent engineers to repair the damage but a car parked above the leak delayed the crew.
The pipe was fixed at about 4pm, restoring water supplies.
A spokesperson said: “Our engineers have completed the repair on the pipe in Greencroft Gardens and all properties should have their water back on. We’re really sorry for the disruption that has been caused.”
You may also want to watch:
Bottled water was given out to residents outside 115 Greencroft Gardens between 3.30pm and 4pm.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'