Burst pipe in West Hampstead leaves nearly 300 homes without water
- Credit: Archant
A burst water pipe in West Hampstead left 284 properties without water today.
Reports that the burst four-inch pipe in Greencroft Gardens had cut off water supplies to homes in the West End Lane area came in at about 8am this morning.
Thames Water sent engineers to repair the damage but a car parked above the leak delayed the crew.
The pipe was fixed at about 4pm, restoring water supplies.
A spokesperson said: “Our engineers have completed the repair on the pipe in Greencroft Gardens and all properties should have their water back on. We’re really sorry for the disruption that has been caused.”
You may also want to watch:
Bottled water was given out to residents outside 115 Greencroft Gardens between 3.30pm and 4pm.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 9 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate