Burlesque dancer says council should reconsider performing ban
As a burlesque performer, I find the council s decision insulting and ridiculous. Dismissing burlesque in this way demonstrates that this supposedly arts-oriented group has no idea what they re dealing with. Burlesque performers put an astounding amount
As a burlesque performer, I find the council's decision insulting and ridiculous. Dismissing burlesque in this way demonstrates that this supposedly arts-oriented group has no idea what they're dealing with.
Burlesque performers put an astounding amount of hard work, time, and creativity into their performances, from concept, costumes, and choreography to rehearsals, fundraising, and dealing with misconceptions and discrimination from venues like this one. It is a labor of love and tremendously difficult to pull off.
From what I gather, this troupe has proven themselves to be a talented and committed group of artists. Their efforts and achievements are being invalidated by an organization that claims to support the arts.
The council should reconsider its decision and either get the permit or work to have it waived.
You may also want to watch:
Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago