Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man who burgled and attacked a Highgate homeowner has been jailed.
Last July Kevin Braidich, 21, was arrested by officers helped by “quick thinking” members of the public, following a burglary in Highgate.
After his arrest, Braidich was linked by forensics to a string of burglaries which had taken place between June 2019 to July 2020 – including in Barnes, Chelsea and Surrey.
In total, the value of the goods he stole was around £100,000, as the burglar targeted jewellery and watches.
On Monday (June 7), Braidich, of no fixed address, was sentenced at Kingston Crown Court to five-and-a-half years in prison for five counts of burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Roisin Mulvihill, of the Metropolitan Police's North Area Command, said: “This man had a total disregard for other people’s property.
“His brazen acts of theft have caused great distress to his victims and I am pleased that he was brought to justice and received a lengthy sentence that his criminal acts deserved.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 Alexandra Palace turns down request for green mast to mark Grenfell
- 7 Estate agent takes on 420km cycling challenge for British Asian Trust
- 8 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience 'store without tills' opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London