Brother and sister killed in St John's Wood blaze named
THE brother and sister who died in a fire in St John s Wood have been named. Fire crews were called to the blaze which broke out in Cunningham Place, Wharncliffe Gardens at around 3am on Thursday morning. They found the body of a five-year-old girl who wa
THE brother and sister who died in a fire in St John's Wood have been named.
Fire crews were called to the blaze which broke out in Cunningham Place, Wharncliffe Gardens at around 3am on Thursday morning.
They found the body of a five-year-old girl who was pronounced dead at the scene. Her 13-year-old brother who had tried to escape the flames by jumping from the window of their third-floor flat died later in hospital from his injuries.
The young girl was today named as Farah Rashid and her brother was identified as Mohamad Rashid.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: "While we await formal identification, we are satisfied the deceased are Farah Rashid and Mohamad Rashid."
Post-mortems are due to be scheduled and a date for an inquest set
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Two of the other brothers in the family, aged 12 and 15, were also taken to hospital along with their father, aged 44.
All three remain in hospital but police say their conditions are all are now improving.
A 32-year-old man was arrested near the scene in connection with this incident and was taken to a central London police station.
He has been bailed to return in the New Year, pending further inquiries.