Broken bottle attack on teen in Crouch End
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End. Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road. As police
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End.
Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road.
As police approached, a group of around 20 youths ran away from the area, and the teenage victim was found being tended to by members of the public.
He was suffering from cuts to his back and head and was taken to a hospital in east London.
A police spokeswoman said it was believed the attackers had armed themselves with bottles from a nearby recycling bin.
She added that it is believed a number if the suspects may live in the local area.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 4 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested following the attack and bailed until the end of the month while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should call DC Matt Wagstaff of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.