Broken bottle attack on teen in Crouch End
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End. Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road. As police
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End.
Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road.
As police approached, a group of around 20 youths ran away from the area, and the teenage victim was found being tended to by members of the public.
He was suffering from cuts to his back and head and was taken to a hospital in east London.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said it was believed the attackers had armed themselves with bottles from a nearby recycling bin.
She added that it is believed a number if the suspects may live in the local area.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 3 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 4 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 5 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 6 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 7 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested following the attack and bailed until the end of the month while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should call DC Matt Wagstaff of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.