Broken bottle attack on teen in Crouch End
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End. Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road. As police
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End.
Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road.
As police approached, a group of around 20 youths ran away from the area, and the teenage victim was found being tended to by members of the public.
He was suffering from cuts to his back and head and was taken to a hospital in east London.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said it was believed the attackers had armed themselves with bottles from a nearby recycling bin.
She added that it is believed a number if the suspects may live in the local area.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested following the attack and bailed until the end of the month while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should call DC Matt Wagstaff of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.