Broken bottle attack on teen in Crouch End
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End. Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road. As police
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy suffered head wounds when he was attacked by a gang of youths wielding broken bottles in Crouch End.
Police were called to Haringey Park at 12.40am on Wednesday morning after reports that a boy was being assaulted in the road.
As police approached, a group of around 20 youths ran away from the area, and the teenage victim was found being tended to by members of the public.
He was suffering from cuts to his back and head and was taken to a hospital in east London.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said it was believed the attackers had armed themselves with bottles from a nearby recycling bin.
She added that it is believed a number if the suspects may live in the local area.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested following the attack and bailed until the end of the month while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should call DC Matt Wagstaff of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.