Brian Coleman still welcome at Tory dinners
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Former Tory firebrand Cllr Brian Coleman seemed remarkably chilled as he attended a Conservative fundraiser despite criminal proceedings hanging over his head.
The 51-year-old, who hit the headlines last month after his claim that he had bedded a former Arsenal striker, is facing one charge of assault by beating after allegedly attacking a café owner in Barnet last year.
But the former London Assembly member for Camden and Barnet seemed without a care in the world as he sipped champagne with party members at a fundraiser for the Hampstead and Kilburn branch last week.
Although he has been suspended from the national Conservative Party, he was invited to the event at the Freemasons Arms, Downshire Hill, as a “friend” rather than in a political capacity.
Mr Coleman has allowed his membership of the local party to lapse as he has no intention of trying to win back his assembly seat, according to a party insider.
You may also want to watch:
“He is still welcome at Camden Conservative events,” said a source.
- 1 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted