Brian Coleman still welcome at Tory dinners
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Former Tory firebrand Cllr Brian Coleman seemed remarkably chilled as he attended a Conservative fundraiser despite criminal proceedings hanging over his head.
The 51-year-old, who hit the headlines last month after his claim that he had bedded a former Arsenal striker, is facing one charge of assault by beating after allegedly attacking a café owner in Barnet last year.
But the former London Assembly member for Camden and Barnet seemed without a care in the world as he sipped champagne with party members at a fundraiser for the Hampstead and Kilburn branch last week.
Although he has been suspended from the national Conservative Party, he was invited to the event at the Freemasons Arms, Downshire Hill, as a “friend” rather than in a political capacity.
Mr Coleman has allowed his membership of the local party to lapse as he has no intention of trying to win back his assembly seat, according to a party insider.
You may also want to watch:
“He is still welcome at Camden Conservative events,” said a source.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 3 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 4 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 5 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- 6 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 9 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 10 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses