Breaking: Spurs midfielder sidelined for six weeks
Steven Pienaar out after groin surgery
Steven Pienaar has been ruled out of Saturday’s clash against his former club Everton, and will be sidelined for up to six weeks after undergoing groin surgery this morning.
The South Africa international, who left the Toffees for Tottenham in January, limped off during the first half of the final pre-season friendly against Athletic Bilbao at the weekend.
After the game, Harry Redknapp admitted his fears that the 29-year-old midfielder had torn his groin.
And, following scans and consultations with an independent specialist, Pienaar has undergone an operation which will rule him out of Spurs’ busy start to the season.
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
- 10 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall