Breaking: Spurs midfielder sidelined for six weeks
Steven Pienaar out after groin surgery
Steven Pienaar has been ruled out of Saturday’s clash against his former club Everton, and will be sidelined for up to six weeks after undergoing groin surgery this morning.
The South Africa international, who left the Toffees for Tottenham in January, limped off during the first half of the final pre-season friendly against Athletic Bilbao at the weekend.
After the game, Harry Redknapp admitted his fears that the 29-year-old midfielder had torn his groin.
And, following scans and consultations with an independent specialist, Pienaar has undergone an operation which will rule him out of Spurs’ busy start to the season.
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 6 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Teacher weaves seven-year tapestry of periodic table
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu