Breaking: Spurs midfielder sidelined for six weeks
Steven Pienaar out after groin surgery
Steven Pienaar has been ruled out of Saturday’s clash against his former club Everton, and will be sidelined for up to six weeks after undergoing groin surgery this morning.
The South Africa international, who left the Toffees for Tottenham in January, limped off during the first half of the final pre-season friendly against Athletic Bilbao at the weekend.
After the game, Harry Redknapp admitted his fears that the 29-year-old midfielder had torn his groin.
And, following scans and consultations with an independent specialist, Pienaar has undergone an operation which will rule him out of Spurs’ busy start to the season.
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?