Breaking: Spurs midfielder sidelined for six weeks
Steven Pienaar out after groin surgery
Steven Pienaar has been ruled out of Saturday’s clash against his former club Everton, and will be sidelined for up to six weeks after undergoing groin surgery this morning.
The South Africa international, who left the Toffees for Tottenham in January, limped off during the first half of the final pre-season friendly against Athletic Bilbao at the weekend.
After the game, Harry Redknapp admitted his fears that the 29-year-old midfielder had torn his groin.
And, following scans and consultations with an independent specialist, Pienaar has undergone an operation which will rule him out of Spurs’ busy start to the season.
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up