Breaking News: Dramatic bank raid in Crouch End Broadway
BANK robbers hit Crouch End this afternoon and injured a cyclist as they made a dramatic getaway down the Broadway. Barclays bank in the Broadway, near Crouch Hill, was targeted by the thieves at around midday today (Friday). It is believed that a privat
BANK robbers hit Crouch End this afternoon and injured a cyclist as they made a dramatic getaway down the Broadway.
Barclays bank in the Broadway, near Crouch Hill, was targeted by the thieves at around midday today (Friday).
It is believed that a private security firm was in the process of making a delivery to the bank when a man entered the premises and made off with a cash box, without the use of a weapon.
And in a dramatic getaway scene, the man jumped into a waiting vehicle, which propelled down the Broadway, striking several vehicles and colliding with a female cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle stopped a short distance away when the man and its male driver ran off down the street before being accosted by members of the public.
One of the men was detained by a passersby before being arrested - he remains in police custody.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
The female cyclist received treatment on site and is not thought to be seriously injured.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Metropolitan Police on 0300 123 1212 or to remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.