Breaking news: Body found on Hampstead Heath
The body of a man has been found on Hampstead Heath this morning (Thursday, October 20).
The man, in his late 20s to early 30s, was found hanging near to East Heath Road at the junction with Wells Walk.
The body was discovered just before 9am.
Police and ambulance crews are on scene.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We sent an ambulance crew and two single responders in cars to the scene. Sadly one person, a man, was declared dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained until a post mortem is carried out and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue