Breaking news: Body found on Hampstead Heath
The body of a man has been found on Hampstead Heath this morning (Thursday, October 20).
The man, in his late 20s to early 30s, was found hanging near to East Heath Road at the junction with Wells Walk.
The body was discovered just before 9am.
Police and ambulance crews are on scene.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We sent an ambulance crew and two single responders in cars to the scene. Sadly one person, a man, was declared dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained until a post mortem is carried out and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 10 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End