Breaking news: Body found on Hampstead Heath
The body of a man has been found on Hampstead Heath this morning (Thursday, October 20).
The man, in his late 20s to early 30s, was found hanging near to East Heath Road at the junction with Wells Walk.
The body was discovered just before 9am.
Police and ambulance crews are on scene.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We sent an ambulance crew and two single responders in cars to the scene. Sadly one person, a man, was declared dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained until a post mortem is carried out and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke