Breaking news: Body found on Hampstead Heath
The body of a man has been found on Hampstead Heath this morning (Thursday, October 20).
The man, in his late 20s to early 30s, was found hanging near to East Heath Road at the junction with Wells Walk.
The body was discovered just before 9am.
Police and ambulance crews are on scene.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We sent an ambulance crew and two single responders in cars to the scene. Sadly one person, a man, was declared dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained until a post mortem is carried out and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London