Brave teenagers tackled would-be muggers
BRAVE youngsters have been praised for stopping a pensioner getting mugged in Hampstead and then helping police track down the would-be robbers. The two teenagers, both 15, intervened when they saw two women trying to rob a woman in her 80s on the Finchle
BRAVE youngsters have been praised for stopping a pensioner getting mugged in Hampstead and then helping police track down the would-be robbers.
The two teenagers, both 15, intervened when they saw two women trying to rob a woman in her 80s on the Finchley Road, outside Waitrose.
After the robbery was disrupted, the women left the scene but were followed by the teenagers who called police.
The youngsters followed the women onto a 31 bus towards Kilburn High Road and kept police updated of their movements until they reached the bus in Belsize Road.
You may also want to watch:
"Had it not been for the quick thinking and public spirited actions of the witnesses, the suspects could have potentially succeeded in taking the victim's property and they may have got away with it," said Detective Constable Andrew Grieve.
Following the drama around 5pm last Thursday two women, aged 22 and 36, were arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and released on bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Police are now appealing for the elderly victim, a black woman who was wearing a green coat and carrying a black bag, to come forward. Call Camden police on 020-8733 6971.