Bradleys joins Michelin’s value-for-money elite
OFFERING good food at the right price is becoming more and more important in these fiscally-challenging days, and so the timing of Bradleys elevation into the Michelin Bib Gourmand elite could not have been better. The Winchester Road restaurant is one of
OFFERING good food at the right price is becoming more and more important in these fiscally-challenging days, and so the timing of Bradleys elevation into the Michelin Bib Gourmand elite could not have been better.
The Winchester Road restaurant is one of only 25 in London which have made the grade in the special category set aside by the feared Michelin inspectors for recognising restaurants offering high-quality food, excellent service and good value for money.
The Michelin Guide said: ''Bradley's has matured nicely over the years and the rejuvenated Hampstead Theatre has given it an extra shot in the arm.
''The cooking is uncomplicated and nimble, grounded in France but with ingredients from across the British Isles.
You may also want to watch:
''The fixed price menu, run alongside the more extensive a la carte, represents excellent value, as does the wine list.''
Owner Simon Bradley is rightly thrilled by the accolade, pointing to his team's hard work in providing food which is carefully-sourced, beautifully cooked and meticulously presented. ''These qualities have always been at the heart of our ethos,'' he said of the restaurant which is now in its 18th year.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
Just to satisfy ourselves that the Michelin inspectors know their stuff (and absolutely not because Bradleys is a Ham&High favourite and any excuse is good enough) editor Geoff Martin, features editor Bridget Galton and our distinguished and discerning guest, author Joseph Connolly, put Bradleys to the test and the chorus of approval was unanimous.
We enjoyed excellent food from the set menu, plus sparkling water and an ample supply of wine and coffee, all for under �90 - including service charge.
Jolanta Bradley was as attentive as ever and ensured that our every need was attended to, as well as rightly predicting that a certain member of our party would be unable to resist the warm rice pudding with rhubarb compote for dessert. Few who have ever tried it can say no!