Boyzone star’s love affair with Highgate and Crouch End
BOYZONE star Stephen Gately has been telling the Ham&High how much he loves Highgate and Cruch End – despite the burglary in which he lost £80,000 of jewellery, including some irreplaceable pieces with sentimental value. The Irish singer told the Ham&High
BOYZONE star Stephen Gately has been telling the Ham&High how much he loves Highgate and Cruch End - despite the burglary in which he lost £80,000 of jewellery, including some irreplaceable pieces with sentimental value.
The Irish singer told the Ham&High: "I really love Highgate and wouldn't move away for the world. It has a great vibe and the people here are brilliant.
"I also love going out to Crouch End's restaurants - it's just such a great area to live in."
Of the burglary he said: "I'm deeply upset because these items had great sentimental value and the reality is that they'll probably be sold off for a fraction of their true value in some second-hand shop. Of all the things I've lost, I'm most upset about my inscribed Rolex watch as all the boys in the band bought one as a memento with our first pay cheques when we became famous."
You may also want to watch:
Me Gately has settled back into his luxurious Highgate home with his life partner Andy Coules following a sellout Boyzone comeback tour
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu