Boyzone star’s love affair with Highgate and Crouch End
BOYZONE star Stephen Gately has been telling the Ham&High how much he loves Highgate and Cruch End – despite the burglary in which he lost £80,000 of jewellery, including some irreplaceable pieces with sentimental value. The Irish singer told the Ham&High
BOYZONE star Stephen Gately has been telling the Ham&High how much he loves Highgate and Cruch End - despite the burglary in which he lost £80,000 of jewellery, including some irreplaceable pieces with sentimental value.
The Irish singer told the Ham&High: "I really love Highgate and wouldn't move away for the world. It has a great vibe and the people here are brilliant.
"I also love going out to Crouch End's restaurants - it's just such a great area to live in."
Of the burglary he said: "I'm deeply upset because these items had great sentimental value and the reality is that they'll probably be sold off for a fraction of their true value in some second-hand shop. Of all the things I've lost, I'm most upset about my inscribed Rolex watch as all the boys in the band bought one as a memento with our first pay cheques when we became famous."
You may also want to watch:
Me Gately has settled back into his luxurious Highgate home with his life partner Andy Coules following a sellout Boyzone comeback tour
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'