Boyzone star’s love affair with Highgate and Crouch End
BOYZONE star Stephen Gately has been telling the Ham&High how much he loves Highgate and Cruch End – despite the burglary in which he lost £80,000 of jewellery, including some irreplaceable pieces with sentimental value. The Irish singer told the Ham&High
BOYZONE star Stephen Gately has been telling the Ham&High how much he loves Highgate and Cruch End - despite the burglary in which he lost £80,000 of jewellery, including some irreplaceable pieces with sentimental value.
The Irish singer told the Ham&High: "I really love Highgate and wouldn't move away for the world. It has a great vibe and the people here are brilliant.
"I also love going out to Crouch End's restaurants - it's just such a great area to live in."
Of the burglary he said: "I'm deeply upset because these items had great sentimental value and the reality is that they'll probably be sold off for a fraction of their true value in some second-hand shop. Of all the things I've lost, I'm most upset about my inscribed Rolex watch as all the boys in the band bought one as a memento with our first pay cheques when we became famous."
You may also want to watch:
Me Gately has settled back into his luxurious Highgate home with his life partner Andy Coules following a sellout Boyzone comeback tour
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans