Boy, 12, in attempted abduction in Crouch End
An attempted abduction of a 12-year-old boy reportedly happened in broad daylight in Crouch End. On Wednesday (April 22), at about 3.30pm, a man allegedly approached a group of friends in Priory Road near the TA centre. The man, described as Turkish spea
An attempted abduction of a 12-year-old boy reportedly happened in broad daylight in Crouch End.
On Wednesday (April 22), at about 3.30pm, a man allegedly approached a group of friends in Priory Road near the TA centre.
The man, described as Turkish speaking, bearded and approximately 30 to 40 years old, allegedly put his arm around the boy and tried to push him towards Nightingale Road.
The boy tore himself away from the man, who made off in a white van towards Muswell Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Kate Gregory of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0838 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more on this story, pick up this week's Ham&High Broadway on Thursday (April 30).
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'