Boy, 10, falls from Camden Town pub roof
A 10-year-old boy was left with serious head injuries after falling through the roof of a Camden Town pub. The youngster was playing on the roof of Tommy Flynn s on Camden High Street on Monday evening when he crashed through a skylight above the gents to
A 10-year-old boy was left with serious head injuries after falling through the roof of a Camden Town pub.
The youngster was playing on the roof of Tommy Flynn's on Camden High Street on Monday evening when he crashed through a skylight above the gents toilets.
Paramedics and police rushed to the scene and he was carried out of the pub in front of shocked punters and bar staff.
One member of staff who was working at the time said: "It was just horrible, absolutely horrible."
The Ham&High understands the boy's mother allowed him to play on the roof because it is safer than playing out on Camden High Street.
The London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances and a fast response vehicle to the incident as the boy was taken to the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
- 1 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 2 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 5 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 6 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 9 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 10 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
Camden police say they are not treating the incident as suspicious. The boy's condition is believed to be serious but stable.