Borough pay the penalty in cup shoot-out
Tring Athletic 2 Haringey Borough 2 (Tring win 3-2 on penalties)
Borough’s second game of 2013 ended in heartbreak as they were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the Spartan Premier Division Cup.
Haringey went 1-0 down after 13 minutes but equalised through Rakim Richards – only to go behind again
after the break.
Borough levelled again through an own goal, and Tring saw Martin Skinner sent off in extra time. But Richard Worrell and Nick Nicou both hit the bar in the penalty shoot-out, while Lawrence Constanti’s was saved as Haringey crashed out.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Haringey’s Ladies returned from Essex with a point in the Eastern Region Premier League from Saturday – but they will feel they should have got more after blowing a two-goal lead.
Borough fielded four debutants and one of them, Xelia Mendes-Jones, opened the scoring before Michelle Thomas doubled the lead.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 9 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
However, the visitors came under pressure in the second half and conceded twice. Borough sit seventh out of the 11 teams in the league.