Borough pay the penalty in cup shoot-out
Tring Athletic 2 Haringey Borough 2 (Tring win 3-2 on penalties)
Borough’s second game of 2013 ended in heartbreak as they were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the Spartan Premier Division Cup.
Haringey went 1-0 down after 13 minutes but equalised through Rakim Richards – only to go behind again
after the break.
Borough levelled again through an own goal, and Tring saw Martin Skinner sent off in extra time. But Richard Worrell and Nick Nicou both hit the bar in the penalty shoot-out, while Lawrence Constanti’s was saved as Haringey crashed out.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Haringey’s Ladies returned from Essex with a point in the Eastern Region Premier League from Saturday – but they will feel they should have got more after blowing a two-goal lead.
Borough fielded four debutants and one of them, Xelia Mendes-Jones, opened the scoring before Michelle Thomas doubled the lead.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 7 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
However, the visitors came under pressure in the second half and conceded twice. Borough sit seventh out of the 11 teams in the league.