Borough pay the penalty in cup shoot-out
Tring Athletic 2 Haringey Borough 2 (Tring win 3-2 on penalties)
Borough’s second game of 2013 ended in heartbreak as they were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the Spartan Premier Division Cup.
Haringey went 1-0 down after 13 minutes but equalised through Rakim Richards – only to go behind again
after the break.
Borough levelled again through an own goal, and Tring saw Martin Skinner sent off in extra time. But Richard Worrell and Nick Nicou both hit the bar in the penalty shoot-out, while Lawrence Constanti’s was saved as Haringey crashed out.
Meanwhile, Haringey’s Ladies returned from Essex with a point in the Eastern Region Premier League from Saturday – but they will feel they should have got more after blowing a two-goal lead.
Borough fielded four debutants and one of them, Xelia Mendes-Jones, opened the scoring before Michelle Thomas doubled the lead.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
However, the visitors came under pressure in the second half and conceded twice. Borough sit seventh out of the 11 teams in the league.