Borough pay the penalty in cup shoot-out
Tring Athletic 2 Haringey Borough 2 (Tring win 3-2 on penalties)
Borough’s second game of 2013 ended in heartbreak as they were eliminated in the quarter-finals of the Spartan Premier Division Cup.
Haringey went 1-0 down after 13 minutes but equalised through Rakim Richards – only to go behind again
after the break.
Borough levelled again through an own goal, and Tring saw Martin Skinner sent off in extra time. But Richard Worrell and Nick Nicou both hit the bar in the penalty shoot-out, while Lawrence Constanti’s was saved as Haringey crashed out.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Haringey’s Ladies returned from Essex with a point in the Eastern Region Premier League from Saturday – but they will feel they should have got more after blowing a two-goal lead.
Borough fielded four debutants and one of them, Xelia Mendes-Jones, opened the scoring before Michelle Thomas doubled the lead.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
However, the visitors came under pressure in the second half and conceded twice. Borough sit seventh out of the 11 teams in the league.