Boris Johnson to meet with Nazanin’s husband this morning
- Credit: Archant
The husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe will meet Boris Johnson for the first time this morning.
He will speak to the Foreign Secretary at the Foreign Office at 10am, in a bid to help secure his wife’s release from Iran.
Richard will be accompanied by his father John, and Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq.
Richard wants to use the meeting to stress the urgency of Nazanin’s situation. She is currently being detained in Iran after being convicted of “spying”.
There have been severe concerns over Nazanin’s health in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
Richard would also like to use the meeting to accelerate plans for Mr Johnson to visit Iran after he announced that he would be willing to.
Her husband also wants to outline to Mr Johnson the importance of him granting Nazanin diplomatic protection, particularly since the past two weeks has rendered quiet diplomacy no longer an option.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up