Boris Johnson to meet with Nazanin’s husband this morning
- Credit: Archant
The husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe will meet Boris Johnson for the first time this morning.
He will speak to the Foreign Secretary at the Foreign Office at 10am, in a bid to help secure his wife’s release from Iran.
Richard will be accompanied by his father John, and Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq.
Richard wants to use the meeting to stress the urgency of Nazanin’s situation. She is currently being detained in Iran after being convicted of “spying”.
There have been severe concerns over Nazanin’s health in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
Richard would also like to use the meeting to accelerate plans for Mr Johnson to visit Iran after he announced that he would be willing to.
Her husband also wants to outline to Mr Johnson the importance of him granting Nazanin diplomatic protection, particularly since the past two weeks has rendered quiet diplomacy no longer an option.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction