Boris Johnson to meet with Nazanin’s husband this morning
- Credit: Archant
The husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe will meet Boris Johnson for the first time this morning.
He will speak to the Foreign Secretary at the Foreign Office at 10am, in a bid to help secure his wife’s release from Iran.
Richard will be accompanied by his father John, and Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq.
Richard wants to use the meeting to stress the urgency of Nazanin’s situation. She is currently being detained in Iran after being convicted of “spying”.
There have been severe concerns over Nazanin’s health in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
Richard would also like to use the meeting to accelerate plans for Mr Johnson to visit Iran after he announced that he would be willing to.
Her husband also wants to outline to Mr Johnson the importance of him granting Nazanin diplomatic protection, particularly since the past two weeks has rendered quiet diplomacy no longer an option.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's