Boris endangers a winter warmer
As energy prices rise and the weather turns colder, many residents will be worried about keeping their homes warm this winter. But help is available. Under a Greater London Authority scheme I helped negotiate with the previous Mayor, residents can get cut
As energy prices rise and the weather turns colder, many residents will be worried about keeping their homes warm this winter. But help is available. Under a Greater London Authority scheme I helped negotiate with the previous Mayor, residents can get cut-price insulation for lofts and cavity walls, and pensioners over 70 and people on benefits are entitled to free insulation.
Given the hard times that people are going through this winter, I was shocked to discover recently that new mayor Boris Johnson has cancelled all promotion of the GLA insulation offer, and had even removed it from the GLA website until I challenged him on the issue last week.
I know the Mayor is looking at introducing a new type of scheme to promote home insulation, but until he puts another scheme in place he can at least do all he can to promote the existing one. Even if the Mayor is reluctant to promote it, the offer is still available, and north London residents can find out more details at www.london.gov.uk/insulate.
Cllr Darren Johnson
You may also want to watch:
Green Party Group
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin