Boris dancing on the Heath to welcome the Olympics
THE Olympic opening ceremony was marked in a very different manner on Hampstead Heath. While fireworks and parades wowed the crowds in Beijing, a group of madcap campaigners took to the Heath for a spot of Boris dancing last Friday. Hampstead eccentric
THE Olympic opening ceremony was marked in a very different manner on Hampstead Heath.
While fireworks and parades wowed the crowds in Beijing, a group of madcap campaigners took to the Heath for a spot of "Boris dancing" last Friday.
Hampstead eccentric Rainbow George - real name George Weiss - led white-wigged clowns dancing the klutz and local duo Lucy Sage and Phil Saatchi played revolutionary music.
A statement of "war on error" was also read out by local actor James Faulkner, who called on people to liberate themselves from the governing classes - "those silly arses".
You may also want to watch:
Crooner Ronnie Carroll was also among supporters of the bizarre event - brought about after Mr Weiss took out a £300 bet that aliens would land during the Games.
Asked about his chances, he said: "I've been given 3,000 to one for what I believe is an evens bet.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 4 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
"Aliens wouldn't come to disrupt the start of things, they'd come at the end when the torch is being passed on to Boris.