Boris dancing on the Heath to welcome the Olympics
THE Olympic opening ceremony was marked in a very different manner on Hampstead Heath. While fireworks and parades wowed the crowds in Beijing, a group of madcap campaigners took to the Heath for a spot of Boris dancing last Friday. Hampstead eccentric
THE Olympic opening ceremony was marked in a very different manner on Hampstead Heath.
While fireworks and parades wowed the crowds in Beijing, a group of madcap campaigners took to the Heath for a spot of "Boris dancing" last Friday.
Hampstead eccentric Rainbow George - real name George Weiss - led white-wigged clowns dancing the klutz and local duo Lucy Sage and Phil Saatchi played revolutionary music.
A statement of "war on error" was also read out by local actor James Faulkner, who called on people to liberate themselves from the governing classes - "those silly arses".
You may also want to watch:
Crooner Ronnie Carroll was also among supporters of the bizarre event - brought about after Mr Weiss took out a £300 bet that aliens would land during the Games.
Asked about his chances, he said: "I've been given 3,000 to one for what I believe is an evens bet.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
"Aliens wouldn't come to disrupt the start of things, they'd come at the end when the torch is being passed on to Boris.