Bordeaux make it tricky for Arsenal and Hammers
THE long battle to bring Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh to the Premier League has hit yet another snag. The 25-year-old is desperate to leave the French champions, but approaches by Sunderland, Arsena
WEST HAM'S long battle to sign a new striker hit yet another snag this week when Bordeaux turned down their offer for Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh.
The 25-year-old is desperate to leave the French champions, but approaches by Sunderland, Arsenal and the Hammers have all been knocked back by the Champions League outfit.
The frustrated six foot two inch striker, who scored two goals for his club at the weekend in a 3-2 victory over Sochaux, has gone on record to express his anger with Bordeaux.
He said: "The transfer window is not shut, but I'm pessimistic about my chances.
You may also want to watch:
"West Ham are the latest to come in, but it is only in the past week that they have shown an interest.
"But I am seeing what happened with Arsenal all over again - the problem is Bordeaux, so it is very tricky for me.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up