Bordeaux make it tricky for Arsenal and Hammers
THE long battle to bring Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh to the Premier League has hit yet another snag. The 25-year-old is desperate to leave the French champions, but approaches by Sunderland, Arsena
WEST HAM'S long battle to sign a new striker hit yet another snag this week when Bordeaux turned down their offer for Moroccan international Marouane Chamakh.
The 25-year-old is desperate to leave the French champions, but approaches by Sunderland, Arsenal and the Hammers have all been knocked back by the Champions League outfit.
The frustrated six foot two inch striker, who scored two goals for his club at the weekend in a 3-2 victory over Sochaux, has gone on record to express his anger with Bordeaux.
He said: "The transfer window is not shut, but I'm pessimistic about my chances.
You may also want to watch:
"West Ham are the latest to come in, but it is only in the past week that they have shown an interest.
"But I am seeing what happened with Arsenal all over again - the problem is Bordeaux, so it is very tricky for me.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham