Body of man seen floating in Hampstead Heath men’s bathing pond
Police are seaching for the body of a man reportedly seen floating under the water in one of Hampstead Heath’s male bathing ponds.
Around 30 firefighters and three fire rescue units were initially sent to the scene at 5.42pm. They scoured the pond for more than 90 minutes using three boats, but were unable to locate a body. They have since handed the scene over to the police.
London Fire Brigade station manager Sam Kazmanli, who was at the scene, said his teams “carried out a methodical search” to no avail, “despite our best efforts”.
The brigade handed the scene over to police at 7.27pm.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman told the Ham&High at around 7.50pm that its marine support unit was present at the scene and dealing with the incident, but no body had been recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Check back for more updates.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory