Hampstead Heath: Body found in search for man who went missing while swimming in men’s pond
- Credit: Archant
A body has been found in the men’s pond on Hampstead Heath, days after a man went missing while swimming at the weekend.
Officers from the Met Police's Marine Support Unit recovered a body this morning. A search has been ongoing since a man went missing on Saturday afternoon.
The alarm was raised at 4.25pm when a man's clothes were found on the bank of Highgate Men's Bathing Pond, near Millfield Lane.
The Hampstead-local, in his mid-50s, was then reported as missing. Officers then searched the surface of the pond, while the National Police Air Service and the dog unit looked nearby.
The pond has been closed since he went missing.
You may also want to watch:
His family have been kept informed of the developments, and his death is currently being treated as unexplained.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 7 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 8 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'