Hampstead Heath: Body found in search for man who went missing while swimming in men’s pond
- Credit: Archant
A body has been found in the men’s pond on Hampstead Heath, days after a man went missing while swimming at the weekend.
Officers from the Met Police's Marine Support Unit recovered a body this morning. A search has been ongoing since a man went missing on Saturday afternoon.
The alarm was raised at 4.25pm when a man's clothes were found on the bank of Highgate Men's Bathing Pond, near Millfield Lane.
The Hampstead-local, in his mid-50s, was then reported as missing. Officers then searched the surface of the pond, while the National Police Air Service and the dog unit looked nearby.
The pond has been closed since he went missing.
You may also want to watch:
His family have been kept informed of the developments, and his death is currently being treated as unexplained.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'