Hampstead Heath: Body found in search for man who went missing while swimming in men’s pond
- Credit: Archant
A body has been found in the men’s pond on Hampstead Heath, days after a man went missing while swimming at the weekend.
Officers from the Met Police's Marine Support Unit recovered a body this morning. A search has been ongoing since a man went missing on Saturday afternoon.
The alarm was raised at 4.25pm when a man's clothes were found on the bank of Highgate Men's Bathing Pond, near Millfield Lane.
The Hampstead-local, in his mid-50s, was then reported as missing. Officers then searched the surface of the pond, while the National Police Air Service and the dog unit looked nearby.
The pond has been closed since he went missing.
You may also want to watch:
His family have been kept informed of the developments, and his death is currently being treated as unexplained.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 7 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment