Blondie launch Kenwood Picnic Concerts
Legendary band Blondie will kickstart this summer s Kenwood Picnic Concerts, it has been announced. Led by the iconic Deborah Harry, the group – whose hits include Heart of Glass and Call Me - will perform on Hampstead Heath on June 26. Blondie are the l
Legendary band Blondie will kickstart this summer's Kenwood Picnic Concerts, it has been announced.
Led by the iconic Deborah Harry, the group - whose hits include Heart of Glass and Call Me - will perform on Hampstead Heath on June 26.
Blondie are the latest act to join a star-studded line-up this year which includes Rufus Wainwright on July 3, Diana Krall on July 10 and Will Young on July 17.
The performer on July 31 has not yet been named.
You may also want to watch:
On August 7, violinist Diana Yukawa and the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra will perform Vivaldi's Four Seasons and jazz musician Jamie Cullum appears on August 14.
The final concert of the season is on August 21 with the Last Night of the Kenwood Proms with Britain's Got Talent star Faryl Smith and acclaimed tenor Wynne Evans, accompanied by the National Symphony Orchestra.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate