Blimp flown above Swiss Cottage to show full height of proposed tower
- Credit: Archant
A bright green blimp loomed above Swiss Cottage today as planners looked to show the full scale of a residential tower proposed for the site.
Campaigners and passers-by craned their necks to take in the striking visual which coincided with a site visit as part of a planning appeal.
It was intended to show just how high the proposed 24-storey tower would be, with it visible from Hampstead Heath.
Developer Essential Living’s plans would see the existing six-storey building at 100 Avenue Road torn down and space for 184 flats provided, along with a new home for the neighbouring charity The Winch.
The proposals – opposed by some 3,000 people – were rejected by Camden Council in September on grounds that the tower was “too high” and impacted on neighbouring conservations areas.
You may also want to watch:
In full view of the blimp was planning inspector Graham Dudley, who is leading an eight-day public appeal into the scheme, to be concluded on Friday.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill