Blimp flown above Swiss Cottage to show full height of proposed tower
- Credit: Archant
A bright green blimp loomed above Swiss Cottage today as planners looked to show the full scale of a residential tower proposed for the site.
Campaigners and passers-by craned their necks to take in the striking visual which coincided with a site visit as part of a planning appeal.
It was intended to show just how high the proposed 24-storey tower would be, with it visible from Hampstead Heath.
Developer Essential Living’s plans would see the existing six-storey building at 100 Avenue Road torn down and space for 184 flats provided, along with a new home for the neighbouring charity The Winch.
The proposals – opposed by some 3,000 people – were rejected by Camden Council in September on grounds that the tower was “too high” and impacted on neighbouring conservations areas.
You may also want to watch:
In full view of the blimp was planning inspector Graham Dudley, who is leading an eight-day public appeal into the scheme, to be concluded on Friday.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband