Blimp flown above Swiss Cottage to show full height of proposed tower
- Credit: Archant
A bright green blimp loomed above Swiss Cottage today as planners looked to show the full scale of a residential tower proposed for the site.
Campaigners and passers-by craned their necks to take in the striking visual which coincided with a site visit as part of a planning appeal.
It was intended to show just how high the proposed 24-storey tower would be, with it visible from Hampstead Heath.
Developer Essential Living’s plans would see the existing six-storey building at 100 Avenue Road torn down and space for 184 flats provided, along with a new home for the neighbouring charity The Winch.
The proposals – opposed by some 3,000 people – were rejected by Camden Council in September on grounds that the tower was “too high” and impacted on neighbouring conservations areas.
You may also want to watch:
In full view of the blimp was planning inspector Graham Dudley, who is leading an eight-day public appeal into the scheme, to be concluded on Friday.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group