BLACKBERRY CLAFOUTIS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE SORBET RECIPE
• 1x 8” sweet pastry tart case baked blind
• 2 free range egg yolks
• 2 free range whole eggs
• 75g caster sugar
You may also want to watch:
• Zest of ½ lemon
• 60g Shipton Mill plain flour
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
• 100ml Cotteswold Dairy whipping cream
• 250g hedgerow blackberries, washed
• Extra golden caster sugar for dusting
1. Pre heat the oven to 180-200°C.
2. Place the egg yolks, eggs, caster sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and whisk together with a hand whisk then gently fold in the plain flour and mix together. Pour in the whipping cream and stir.
3. Now spoon two thirds of the mixture into the pastry case, scatter with the blackberries then spoon over the remaining mixture.
4. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until it is cooked and golden in colour. Dust with caster sugar and serve with a generous scoop of white chocolate sorbet.