Bishop of London helps All Saints Church in Highgate celebrate 150th anniversary
A church has begun its 150th anniversary celebrations with a special service conducted by the Bishop of London.
Around 140 people packed into All Saints Church in Talbot Road, Highgate to listen to the the Right Rev Richard Chartres preach on Sunday.
Former priests and a great-granddaughter of the church’s second vicar were amongst the congregation who heard Mr Chartres talk about the past, present and future of the church.
Visitors were then treated to a community lunch and live music.
It was the first event in what will be a year of celebration at the church, which was consecrated on January 30, 1864.
You may also want to watch:
Bryce Wandrey, assistant curate, said: “It was really inspiring to hear him and it was really good for him to give a message that paralleled our focus for this year. We will be looking back but also celebrating the present and planning for the future.”
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation