Bishop of London helps All Saints Church in Highgate celebrate 150th anniversary
A church has begun its 150th anniversary celebrations with a special service conducted by the Bishop of London.
Around 140 people packed into All Saints Church in Talbot Road, Highgate to listen to the the Right Rev Richard Chartres preach on Sunday.
Former priests and a great-granddaughter of the church’s second vicar were amongst the congregation who heard Mr Chartres talk about the past, present and future of the church.
Visitors were then treated to a community lunch and live music.
It was the first event in what will be a year of celebration at the church, which was consecrated on January 30, 1864.
You may also want to watch:
Bryce Wandrey, assistant curate, said: “It was really inspiring to hear him and it was really good for him to give a message that paralleled our focus for this year. We will be looking back but also celebrating the present and planning for the future.”
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 3 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green