Bishop of London helps All Saints Church in Highgate celebrate 150th anniversary
A church has begun its 150th anniversary celebrations with a special service conducted by the Bishop of London.
Around 140 people packed into All Saints Church in Talbot Road, Highgate to listen to the the Right Rev Richard Chartres preach on Sunday.
Former priests and a great-granddaughter of the church’s second vicar were amongst the congregation who heard Mr Chartres talk about the past, present and future of the church.
Visitors were then treated to a community lunch and live music.
It was the first event in what will be a year of celebration at the church, which was consecrated on January 30, 1864.
You may also want to watch:
Bryce Wandrey, assistant curate, said: “It was really inspiring to hear him and it was really good for him to give a message that paralleled our focus for this year. We will be looking back but also celebrating the present and planning for the future.”
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale