Bishop of London helps All Saints Church in Highgate celebrate 150th anniversary
A church has begun its 150th anniversary celebrations with a special service conducted by the Bishop of London.
Around 140 people packed into All Saints Church in Talbot Road, Highgate to listen to the the Right Rev Richard Chartres preach on Sunday.
Former priests and a great-granddaughter of the church’s second vicar were amongst the congregation who heard Mr Chartres talk about the past, present and future of the church.
Visitors were then treated to a community lunch and live music.
It was the first event in what will be a year of celebration at the church, which was consecrated on January 30, 1864.
You may also want to watch:
Bryce Wandrey, assistant curate, said: “It was really inspiring to hear him and it was really good for him to give a message that paralleled our focus for this year. We will be looking back but also celebrating the present and planning for the future.”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears